lunes, 29 de septiembre de 2014

Cultural Shock

Hi, as a psychology student I give you a little description of this concept in the point of view of my discipline. Culture shock is defined as a psychological disorientation that most people experience when living in a culture markedly different from one’s own. Culture shock occurs when our "...cultural clues, the signs and symbols which guide social interaction, are stripped away. ...A difficult part of this process for adults is the experience of feeling like children again, of not knowing instinctively the ‘right’ thing to do.

I have never traveled to other country, so, I never experimented for myself a cultural shock so strong like some of my classmates. I think that the most important cultural shock I have experienced was when I get into the university, because I come from a little school, in a rural area, with few students, so, get into the university, in this campus, with people so diverse, people who comes from different places of Chile, even other countries… It was a big cultural shock, adapt and accept that everyone are different and particular, learn to listen and open my mind to other ways to see the reality.

Get into the university make me grow :)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario